cmd2008
cmd2008, Solicitor
Experience:  BSC (hons), Solicitor with 14 years legal experience
13754130

I am currently studying an Advanced diploma in paralegal and

Customer Question

I am currently studying an Advanced diploma in paralegal and secretarial course and currently volunteer at Citizens Advice Burea as an Advisor. I am wanting to work as a paralegal and am struggling to gain employment because I don't have experience in a law firm and or any paralegal work experience. Are you able to advise me how I can go about gaining employment in a law firm. I am wanting to become a Chartered Legal Executive and before I embark on the cilex course level 3 and 6, I need to be working in a law firm because it c**ts as my years of employment which is needed to qualify. I have a BA Hons degree and used to be a probation officer but I don't seem to be getting interviews due to my lack of experience. Any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated. I have an up to date CV. Not sure if this is the right website to ask such a question but thought i would try it. Thanking you in advance.
Expert:  cmd2008 replied 4 years ago.

cmd2008 : Hi. Not sure if I can help but I started my career in a similar way and I am now a solicitor. I had advice to get your foot in the door by writing to lots of firms which i did. Around 100 and offer to do anything. I got a job as a legal assistant this way although I only had about 3 replies and 2 interviews. It is very much luck and perseverance. Good luck with your job search.