How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31034
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my husband lives in Bexhill on sea which is in his name I live

Customer Question

my husband lives in Bexhill on sea which is in his name I live in chessington It was planned that I move down there. The reason for this is that I had a job which they were going to make me redundent from which they have done and because my daughter lived at home and needed to find a place to live which she now has done. I transferred some money from my account to his as we have separate bank accounts this money was from saving and money left to me from my mother and uncle I had this in an isha and a high rate interest account

We have a disagreement about my daughter leaving home as this kept me from moving but she is 34 and needs her own place which she now has but now I cant find a job in this area but can find work down there as I have looked it was our intention for me to move move and feel he is stringing me along I have asked for my money back
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have transfered some funds into my husband account as i was made redundent and he lives in bexhill he owns his property which I am not after but when i was made redundent it was made clear that i wait 6 months for my daughter to move out of property where i live which she has now done but my husband is refusing for me to live down with him he has made a will which i encouraged him to do but in that will that if he dies before me i shall remain in the house until I remarry which i dought i will but getting him to agree to moving down with him is another question as he now refusing to live there i would like my money back which i transfered to him as i was left money by an uncle and my mother

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Why dont you simply move down there? How long have you been married? How come you live miles apart? Can we have the full background please?

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions