Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Dear just Answer I want to increase my likes on my business

Customer Question

Dear just Answer

I want to increase my likes on my business Facebook page.

To do this I want to create 3D Crystal photos (my business) from photographs on existing high traffic Facebook pages. I want to then post pictures af the 3D crystals i create from these pictures onto the facebook site the picture is located as a tribute to the site.

www.crystalface.uk

Where do I stand legally with this?

Can I sale the created crystal
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
HI thank you for your question. this raises some interesting questions of law.
Photographs are copyright and the copyright vests in the photographer ( or his assignee). However a photograph of something that is itself subject to copyright is a copy and an infringement of the underlying copyright.

So for example there is not to stop you from taking a photograph of n out of copyright painting or a famous building and creating a 3d image but both the images on a Facebook page and the page itself will be copyright the creator so you will be infringing their copyright so no I do no believe you can sell the created crystal.

If you give me a sample page I can look further but that is my current advice