Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

If a neighbour has reflecting cds on her tree to scare away

Customer Question

If a neighbour has reflecting cd's on her tree to scare away birds and it reflects into your lounge can I object to it .She is not a person you could reason with
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You can certainly object on the grounds of nuisance.

In law, nuisance covers situations where your enjoyment of your land is violated by a neighbour and gives you the right to seek compensation and an injunction from the court.

The actions of your neighbour could amount to nuisance although it doesn't appear to be of such severity to warrant legal action at this stage.

You are certainly within your rights to ask your neighbour to relocate the CD's or to take preventative measures to stop the light reflecting into your lounge.