29905560

How can one start defamation case against other party i.e.

Customer Question

How can one start defamation case against other party i.e. which application form and which court. Does it need to be high court. Thanks

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. To make a claim for defamation you would still use the usual N1 claim form (http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf) however the claim must be started in the High Court

JACUSTOMER-kw7ceoz3- :

JACUSTOMER-kw7ceoz3- :

As previously said, I have now prepared the defamation claim letter to BBC in response to a radio broadcast.

JACUSTOMER-kw7ceoz3- :

I have mentioned for 14 days to reply back.

JACUSTOMER-kw7ceoz3- :

I have also asked for unconditional apology and apology on radio and on website.

JACUSTOMER-kw7ceoz3- :

Regarding the monetary claim, do I need to put any amount in the claim letter or I need to leave this until a later stage probably. thanks