12826847

i was aquise of housing benefit fraud which i av no clue about,an

Customer Question

i was aquise of housing benefit fraud which i av no clue about,an i have interview which require legal aid advice
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What benefits have you been claiming?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

child benefit and child tax credit,housing benefit stop since febuary 2013,also job seek allowance

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

am aving interview with fraud department and they said it might involve police which i dont know the allegation,so i just need legal advice,

So what would you like to know? What is your question about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how can u be victim of housing benefit fraud,beacuse am qualified to receive housing benefit,am with two kids alone and am paying to my landlord ,so i dont know why this allegation on me,

Are you employed?

Do you have a partner staying?

Does anybody pay you child support?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

nop

Obviously I will not know what the allegation is against you in this specific case.

However, if they are concerned about your benefit claim then its likely to be an allegation that you are not entitled or were not entitled at some point or have made some form of false declaration upon the forms. It could amount to literally anything.

If the allegation is wrong then it should be a simple matter of attending the interview and explaining the position. Often they do conduct interviews and take no further action against people. Not everybody who is interviewed is charged.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they said is going to be record on the tape,and they advice to cum with legal aid solicitor,what can i i do?

Attend with a solicitor and answer questions.