good morning on 01/03/2013 I was involved in a rear end

Customer Question

good morning

on 01/03/2013 I was involved in a rear end shunt when I stopped at traffic lights and the car behind ran into me, the insurance concerned is Hastings Direct, (Ref. XXXXXXXXX
and every time I or my insurance co. contact them about settling my claim (including my
excess) they say that their client is not accepting liability and they need more information because they have not received any yet even though it has been sent to them. I thought that whoever hit another car in the rear that they were to blame.
What can be done to make them pay up.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Were the police involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the police were not involved @ the scene but were later when I went to report the incident because the other driver would not give me her details, i.e. name, address, or ins. co. so I took a photo of the No. plate

on her car, and she snatched my phone out of my hand, when I retaliated and grabbed hold of her (which I regretted immediately) she threw my phone onto the road, so when I called at the police station to report the incident, she was already there reporting me for assault (the police did not take any action) but would not give me her name, only the name of the ins.Co.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
answer not received
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, but this is not an instant service because we are all solicitors
in practice. We all have clients and court and other users on this site and
travelling and weekends and evenings etc. So sometimes you may get a response
in minutes but sometimes it may be hours. We also need time to type out answers!

Who is her insurer?

Are you claiming via her insurer or your own? Do you have any neck pain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked the lawyers a question yesterday, and still have not received an answer! I would like to ask for my £33-00 to be returned to my credit card please.