Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice

Hi I started a Addwords campain with Bt it was a 4 month

Customer Question

I started a Addwords campain with Bt it was a 4 month contract, i had a discussion wit the sales rep on the phone and then started the package off all online no face contact.
I told them the words and areas i wanted to promote, once the campain started it became appaerent that they where using loads of different words not the ones i asked for and promoted the campain in areas that we could not service.

it took the at time 4 weeks or so to answer my e mails, i disputded the account and asked for it o be canceled but they would not.

i have a record of e mail sent to them,

i am disputing my bill but need to know where i satnd legally

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Did you agree with them only to cover those areas?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I asked for Home Counties only and I gave them a list of key phases
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
How did you pay? How much?
How long after start did you cancel?
Have you received all the paperwork relating to the contract (email is fine)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I canceled after about 6 weeks or so when it became apparent that the campaign was being run very poorly I I had spent nearly 3 weeks just trying to talk to someone about my concerns
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
How much is the cost in total and how much have you paid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The cost in total was £960 I have not paid anything the agreed to discount the bill by £240 as a good well gesture as they appreciate that the account was not run well
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

So how much are they chasing you for?
£960 or £720?
Do you have it in writing that the acct has not been run well?

Have they actually done anything constructive?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They are after £720. And as far as the add went no they did I not do anything constructive
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
In which case write to them.

Don’t deal on the telephone. Tell them that they are on their own admission in breach of contract as they admit that the account has not been run well.

Tell them that you are now cancelling with immediate effect and not paying them. Tell them that if they feel differently they should issue legal proceedings which you will defend.

Then a judge will decide if you are correct or they are.

The most they should get as they haven’t provided the service for the full period is loss of profit in any event, not the full value of the job

Does that answer the question?

Can I help further?

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you want to hear).
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. I
t doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.

I am on and offline all day so please bear with me.