12826847

I have inherited a commercial building from my father, which

Customer Question

I have inherited a commercial building from my father, which I have had to carry out expensive works on in terms of emergency lighting, alarm systems, etc..
I inherited the property 4 years ago but the will took 7 years to settle prior to that. During this 7 years, the property company my father and uncle owned carried on but maintenance, etc... was never carried out on the building.
There were legal requirements on emergency lighting, alarm systems, rewiring etc, which in my opinion should have been done as they were an issue then as they are now.
I am having to pay £6500 a year to my mother through an Escrow agreement and I don't think I should be paying it currently. I think the amount of the works should be dedcuted. Could I have you opinion please. Many thanks. Catherine Hobden
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Why are you paying this sum?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Escrow agreement means each sibling has to pay my mother £6500 each year.

We need terms of the agreement please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's not the Escrow agreement that I'm querying. It;s the fact that works should have been carried out to make the building meet legal requirements in the 7 years it took to sort the will out.

I am unable to assist. I will opt out for another expert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you advise when I will receive some advice as I have paid for this service.
It is now open to all experts but no-one can answer as there is not enough information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please advise what other information you need

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What about my £11?

Waiting for another answer will not cost you any more money. If you would prefer to close the question we are happy to refund the charges for you.

Please tell me how you'd like to proceed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please could you let me know when I am likely to get a response. I've been waiting for 3 weeks now.

I'm afraid I cannot guarantee a time. Would you prefer me to keep searching or to close the question?

Apologies for the wait, and thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please refund my £11 as I have found this service of no help whatsoever.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I asked for a refund 4 months ago!! Please refund my money

I am very sorry for the delay. We will process the refund for you now.