12826847

i had a new cluch fitted three mounths ago and saterday last

Customer Question

i had a new cluch fitted three mounths ago and saterday last it brook down and now the garage is trying to charge me for a new cluch again is this right
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Have you taken it back to the same garage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

What is there account for how this came about?

What is the cause of the fault? Have they told you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they are saying that the thrush bearing disinter grated and distroyed thecluch plate

Sorry, perhaps I can be clearer.

Did the fault lie with your car or with the clutch they provided?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with the cluch they provided

If the fault lies with their clutch not your car then they cannot charge you a second time. On those facts they supplied you with a faulty item and they are liable to replace it for free.

It would be different if the fault lay with your car although even then you could argue that they should have anticipated it unless you instructed them not to investigate the fault.

If they refuse to comply though then your only option is to sue. If a company will not comply with the law you cannot beat them with a stick until they do! You can pay and issue against them at the small claims court here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.