12826847

I have been charged with failure to leave an area under section

Customer Question

I have been charged with failure to leave an area under section 27(3). What fine will I receive and will I get a criminal record? This is a first offence and I usually work abroad. A criminal record could make this impossible.
Many thanks.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you answer tailored to your circumstances I will need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Is this a dispersement notice effectively?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't understand the question. I was handed a leaflet and asked to leave the area. As I had done nothing wrong I refused and was arrested.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For jomo 1972

Yes, thats a dispersement direction under S27[3] Violent Crime Reduction Act.

If you are convicted you will receive a fine in the Band D category. That is a maximum of £2,500 but you won't get the maximum. Their starting point will be 250% of your weekly income and the range will be 200-300 %.

There will also be an order for costs of £85. If its just failing to disperse though then the fine is likely to be a lot lower than that in practice.

Unfortunately this does lead to a criminal record if you are convicted.

Sorry if this is a bad news.

Let me know if you need more information.