Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

i lodged a complaint with the ombudsman regarding ppi mis-sold

Customer Question

i lodged a complaint with the ombudsman regarding ppi mis-sold to our business in October 2012 after initially dealing directly with the bank to no resolve.
my claim has now only just reached an adjudicator. i am now being told that due to the fact the company was dissolved in November 2012 there is no longer a valid complainant.
however we are personally being pursued for the outstanding debt in relation to the ppi and the bank were merely going to offset the refund of ppi and comp. against this debt.

what do i do ?
surely the fact that the complaint was lodged prior to the company being dissolved makes it a valid complaint??

please help advise welcomed
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you think the fact that the complaint was lodged prior to the company being dissolved makes it a valid complaint??

i am going to appeal the decision, so on what ground would you advise i do so?

if you agree with the obudsman is there any other way of dealing with this issue ?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I need fine details please. Who is pursuing the co for what?
Which co is in liquidation? As much detail as possible please. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I (NICOLA) lodged a complaint with the ombudsman regarding ppi mis-sold to our business (A ltd) in October 2012 after initially dealing directly with the bank to no resolve.

This claim has now only just reached an adjudicator.

I (NICOLA) am now being told that due to the fact the company(A ltd) was dissolved in November 2012 there is no longer a valid complainant.
however I (NICOLA) am personally being pursued for the outstanding debt due to the factwe gave personal guarantees for the loan the ppi was against.

In relation to the ppi the bank were merely going to offset the refund of ppi and compensation against this debt. and persue us for the difference therefore does it matter the company has been disolved and is no longer around to refund.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
So the co that bought the PPI was dissolved and u r guarantor for other of that co debts?

There is a claim to be had but it is by the liquidator on behalf of the creditors and the refund would be divided between all creditors in proportion.

That might not assist you though

Does that answer even though I imagine it not the answer that you want?