12826847

How do I apply to the high court for a certificate of inad

Customer Question

How do I apply to the high court for a certificate of inadequacy?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was convicted of evading excise duty, received a two year custodial sentence and a £400,000 confiscation order with a further two year default sentence.... Which I have also served!!
I finished the default sentence in March 2009.
There is no real prospect of the confiscation order being paid and I would now like to apply to the High Court for a "Certificate Of Inadeqacy"
I need to know how I do this please?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.