Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Dear SirsLast week TheTelegraph reported that a case brought

Customer Question

Dear Sirs Last week TheTelegraph reported that a case brought by Pakistani politician Waqar Ahmed Khan against Deutsche Bank was due to start imminently. He was fighting the Bank's attempt to repossess 6 Knightsbridge flats and a house in an attempt to recoup a £50m loan. Mr Khan counterclaimed arguing that Deutsche withheld£11m of the agreed loan which prevented them from developing the properties. Are you able to inform me where I might find the details and the outcome of this case, please? Many thanks xxxx xxxxx

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
You will find the transcript here:
http://www.fountaincourt.co.uk/uploads/content/DBS%20v%20Khan%20-%20Judgment.pdf

The case was decided some time ago and the Khan family lost.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The page you have referred me to does not exist. In any event, I think the case I have referred to has only just been heard, and so must be a different case.

It works fine for me it is a link to the full transcript and it is the decision of Mr Justice Hamblen in precisely the case you are talking about. it is possible it has gone to appeal but the Khan family lost in the high court because on the facts the court held that they were in default under the loan facility and their claim that the amount they were unable to draw down caused them loss was dismissed on the facts. These cases tend to turn on the specific facts so you cannot necessarily draw any conclusions from them.

If you cant get the link ot work go to the website of the barristers chambers fountaincourt - look under news archive and you will the report there
http://www.fountaincourt.co.uk/news/detail/Deutsche-Bank-vindicated-in-50-million-claim-concerning-secured-lending-