12826847

Friday last week a bailiff posted through my door a warrant

Customer Question

Friday last week a bailiff posted through my door a warrant of execution for the sum of
£3,649.35 No other information no bailiff name no telephone number, I contacted his firm and the gave me bank details to pay. I did so same day by online transfer.

Yesterday I came home to find a letter from stating that I own another £824.46 otherwise they with execute the warrant. Can they just turn up and ask for more!
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What is this bill for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The bill relates to a purchase of a kitchen

Did you pay in full ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I paid the whole about stated on the writ, Judgement cost, fixed costs Cost of execution.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The full amount as detail on the writ was paid, not other information relating to other amount were indicated

On the face of it then you have settled the bill. He cannot just add amounts to it after you have paid.

The only justification for this could be that they did additional work not originally charged but then they would have to explain why they didn't present you with that bill originally and it seems a rather high amount to be incurred in just one week.

With bailiffs though its best to repay the sums in full and then sue to recover. Its never a good idea to argue with bailiffs before paying because they will just do more work and the costs will rack up and spiral out of control.

You can ask them for a breakdown of their fees after paying and complain to their professional organisation. If necessary you can sue at the small claims court for recovery.

On the facts that you present there is a good case here.

Can I help further?