How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Access to my father

Customer Question

My stepmother restricts my access to my father.They live in separate flats next door to each other.She cares for him and he is happy with that but they do not live together.Only she has a telephone and she has changed the number so that I cannot call him.He suffers from alcoholic dementia and is completely socially isolated and controlled by her.I am worried about him although he seems happy with her.She does not encourage him to have any contact with his family.Social care did check up on her after he went missing for a while(police were involved)and I believe they talked to her about infringing his civil liberties.Also, I am not sure how much medical help she gets for him. He can make decisions for himself,it depends how much he is drinking. She will always ensure that I cannot see him on key events such as his birthday/fathers day etc and will try to disrupt, shorten or spoil any visit I have.Can you advise

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I'm sorry for the delay you've experienced

How can I help with this?