12826847

Access to my father

Customer Question

My stepmother restricts my access to my father.They live in separate flats next door to each other.She cares for him and he is happy with that but they do not live together.Only she has a telephone and she has changed the number so that I cannot call him.He suffers from alcoholic dementia and is completely socially isolated and controlled by her.I am worried about him although he seems happy with her.She does not encourage him to have any contact with his family.Social care did check up on her after he went missing for a while(police were involved)and I believe they talked to her about infringing his civil liberties.Also, I am not sure how much medical help she gets for him. He can make decisions for himself,it depends how much he is drinking. She will always ensure that I cannot see him on key events such as his birthday/fathers day etc and will try to disrupt, shorten or spoil any visit I have.Can you advise

HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I'm sorry for the delay you've experienced

How can I help with this?