Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I invested with a company in Newbury who have misappropriated

Customer Question

I invested with a company in Newbury who have misappropriated my funds. I am now unemployed and fearful of how much money i will need to spend I would like a list of solicitors there if i need help. I have written proof in e-mails and letters. The guy involved has admitted what he did in an email and why, but is not responding to me in any positive way. He says he will return my money next year when he is able to. Its a very large sum of money.
I have told him If he does not want a criminal record he must talk to me but he has not.
Basically i want all my money back alone with the profits that should have been added if this guy did not take my money and use it for his own personal gain.
I would like to know
If I report this to the police as a fraud crime and in the mean time progress is made with this guy, can I ask the police to stop their investigations.
How can I force this guys hand into paying me back on my terms.
I have his address/phone number/e-mail/etc but should I hire a PI to confirm.
What are my options in regards XXXXX XXXXX him pay.
He has assets, car house etc, can I request he pay from these.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Did you give the money to the company as a loan or for shares?

Was there an investment agreement?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I did not know how to use this web site.

The money should have been used to buy a promissory note on a property with the company having the right to buy it back and that is where the profit was.

The money was transferred through banks to this broker/agent and contracts were signed, notorized and stamped to go to the company who set up the deal..

This guy said he sent my contracts but not the money because he instructed the other company to take use the money owed to him in lieu of commissions and pay for my investment.

So he had no right to do this.

The other company is trying to distance themselves from him but very poorly.

I have a letter from the company stating they did employ him as their broker and he did reserve my option.

But them in a later e-mail they say they did not give any permissions to him to act on their behalf.

Yet he sent a lot of contracts to them and funds.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Do you have the contracts yourself or even the promissory note in your favour?

So essentially the broker has stolen your money?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the contracts were signed by me sent to the broker and he said he sent them to the company.

They were then to be signed by the company and one returned to me.

But of course because the broker did not send my funds because he maybe thought that it was al right to ask the company to add the funds to my contracts in lieu of monies owed to him.

The contracts were never signed.

I have a letter from the company who state they employed him as their broker/agent and he requested the initial reservation for the promissory in my name. They(company) later try to deny they employed him or paid him or signed my contracts.

But the contracts were issued by them in my name and sent to the broker who sent them to me and the reverse than.

Its just because the broker tried to take an illegal short cut to getting paid by them , he caused all this

He (broker in an e-mail admits he did this but i want all the monies due to me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I force his hand to pay me. Will a CCJ work or just cost me more money. How can I find out what assets he has .

What other options are open to me.

How can I contact the police in Portuga.l

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Is the broker based in Portugal?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please excuse the delay, the website had teck issues.

The broker is based in Newbury in the UK and the company is based in Portugal. How do I find out about the brokers assets

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

This is not really the fault of the company. The broker has taken you money. Your options are to either contact the police or sue the broker.

Is the broker authorised by the FCA?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thanks for the reply

I do understand who took my funds but the other company obviously did not have any checks, follow ups, follow through or procedures to safe guard my funds.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Yes I appreciate that point but they did not actually take be money.

This broker is based in England and probably FCA authorised. He took the money and you can directly trace this to him. He may own his own home which could potentially form and asset you could recover.

I would say to the broker that if he wants to avoid this being criminal matter then he will have to commit to repaying your money on a set timetable and provide you with security. Preferably a charge over a property or FTSE listed shares. If he can do this then I would offer him forbearance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ