12826847

I recently posted an objection to a planning application on

Customer Question

I recently posted an objection to a planning application on a council planning portal, I followed the council guidelines and clearly stated which parts of the plans I had issue with etc. I have no existing problem with the person who submitted the plans.
A neighbour sent a letter to the council in support of the plans, however, the letter - which was uploaded on the portal and visible to the public contained my address details, another objectors address details and contained various accusations which I found hurtful and untrue. I asked the council to remove the content, which they finally did. Is there any way legally I can get this person to publish an apology ? Should the council have processes in place to prevent this kind of thing? Did the council break the law ?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What were the accusations?