12826847

My name isXXXXX and I live on the Wirral. As a

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX and I live on the Wirral. As a British Citizen who is classed as "Dissabled" due to sufferering from Chronic Pain caused through a severe violent attack, which also brought on Chronic Fibromyalgia & Fatigue, PTSD & Brain Trauma to the Frontal Bilateral Lobe - I receive Government Benefits of Dissability Living Allowance, Support Allowance, & Ex.Employee Company Ill Health Retirement Pension. My question is that if I was to go and live abroad in a warmer country (quite possibly Spain or Canary Islands), would I still be entitled to receive the benefits I am currently entitled to? Would I also be entitled to receive the Medications that I have to take which are on Repeat Prescription?

When I am in a warmer climate, my health is better and I am more able to get out of the house and do a certain amount of living a reasonable life:

Here in England where the climate is often damp which makes things worse , plus in so much as the cold here causes my pain to be more intense, in Winter it is virtually impossible for me to get out at all.

HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I'm sorry for the delay you've experienced

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Janice XXXXXXXX here, I submitted the question yesterday on the Form as requested. I am assuming you received the original info/question 14th June 2013!? Further info to follow etc.: I am aBRITISH CITIZEN - Born in UK - XXXXX XX XXXXXXX - Age: XX yrs (8 months approx).

My question is that if I were to go and live abroad in a warmer country (quite possibly Spain [EU I believe] Mainland Spain or Canary Islands), would I still be entitled to receive the Benefits & Medical Support with my Chronic Illness, which I am currently entitled to? Would I also be entitled to receive the Medications that I have to take which are currently on Repeat Prescription from my GP?

I have been unable to work since year 2000, Therefore, I receive Government Benefits of Dissability Living Allowance, Support Allowance, & I also receive : Employee Company Ill Health Retirement Pension. I will soon actually be entitled to receive the CURRENT British Government RETIREMENT PENSION approx March 2015 - this will replace "Support Allowance" in 2015 - the other payments, DLA, Co.Pension [Ill Health] will remain to be paid as now living in UK!

However, if I were able to live in a warmer, dryer, (moderate) climate, my health is much more bearable and lightens some of restraints of my condition - so long as I am very careful, know my limtations, in the sun I feel like I am more able to lead to some extent a reasonable (???? sorry I forget words-due to condition) Life!

.The cold, damp w eather here in England causes me to be in horrendous pain, flare-ups of Fibromyalgia occur so often! Especially in the Winter I am often unable to do anything, spending much of my time in bed or resting. COLD WINTERS & Inclement weather cause unbearable PAIN.

I feel that I need to consider LIFE in a Warmer Climate, can you please assist by answering my questions on feasibility of living: Financially & also Medical Assistance (EU), for my Illness.

If you should need any further information, do please get back to me as soon as possible - I'm not sure if you are based in the *UK" or on GMT which I am. Regards, XXXXX XXXXX

So, on short, your question is can you claim benefits and live abroad?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
NOT YET HAD AN ANSWER AT ALL. JUST REPEATING MY QUESTION - what is going on.
The reason you've had no answer is that you haven't yet responded to my information request.