Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

I have been offered redundancy, but I am 63 and wondering what

Customer Question

I have been offered redundancy, but I am 63 and wondering what Payment I would get.
I have worked at this company for 23 years starting at the age of 41. I have been told by several people because of retirement age being scrapped it will make no difference to redundancy pay?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise for any delay; we are currently having some site issues which we are working to fix as soon as possible.

In the meantime I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question.

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Your age will not affect your entitlement to redundancy, in a sense that you would still be entitled to receive a redundancy payment. It used to be the case that employees over a certain age were not entitled to a redundancy payment but that has not been the case for a number of years.

In order to calculate your redundancy entitlement please follow this link and answer the questions, you will then be provided with an accurate figure of what your statutory redundancy entitlement is:

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, you may compensate the Expert by rating their answer as satisfactory; however, if you still need help with your question, please feel free reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.