Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have signed finance documents and a contract etc with a local

Customer Question

I have signed finance documents and a contract etc with a local company, for an agreed upon amount of money for soffits & facias to be replaced on my house. A day after signing everything they say they want an extra £300 because they had quoted the work to be done with 2 elevations of scaffolding needed and after a further survey decided it should have 3 elevations.
Where do I stand on this work being done at the agreed upon and signed for price?
Expert:  Alice H replied 4 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

This appears to be a mistake by the surveyor rather than any dishonest attempt to make more money out of you. The options available are to either a) agree to pay the extra £300 or b) cancel the enter agreement. If you cancel and are within the cooling off period then you shouldn't have to pay anything.

Alex Hughes :

You could ask them to proceed on the basis of the original quote but if they cannot complete the job properly they could pull out of the agreement altogether.