12826847

Had problem with drains, had a plumber out twice ,had to get

Customer Question

Had problem with drains, had a plumber out twice ,had to get drainage company out to jet drains, still didn`t clear drainage people advised i get in touch with my insurance company. The drainage company had said a camera would have to go down to see where the problem was, i phoned my insurance company & they agreed i could have the company do the work, i sent off the dvd & letter from company dignosing the problem, i had a phone call from insurance advising me that their agent would be at my home within the hour & would ascess & cost the price, the man duly arrived had a look about & asked to have my copy of the dvd, he said he would return it to me shortly. That is 9 weeks ago ,i havn`t seen or heard from the insurance company or their agent. I have phoned repeatedly & have been referred to another company D&M UK, basically i have beengiving the run around, passed from one person to the next & still nothing is done. We can`t use the toilet in the bathroom, we do have a toilet downstairs BUT my husband had a severe stroke last year & has get difficulty getting up & down the stairs , i have explained this to the insurance company & their agents, i just don`t know where to turn to get this sorted, please help.
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes
, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that
case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer
would not be accurate.

Who is insurer?

Who is agent?

Have you called the agent? What do they say?

Does the problem persist ?

How much will it cost to fix?