12826847

Hello, my name is Pamella. I think my question is about Housing

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Pamella.
I think my question is about Housing or Human Rights Article 8 (Privacy)

My tenancy started November 2005, and since I moved in I have been illegally analysed and intimidated by my neighbours. I have had help under the Mental Health Act and some of those details have been revealed in breach of Data Protection. My neighbours are trying to get me removed, and are convinced I am playing loud music late at night, which I do not have the equipment for.
My privacy has been invaded by neighbours next to and upstairs of this flat and I have even heard them discussing what I am doing on PC. They also take offence at my watching TV. They want to know my lifestyle, and are obssesive about removing me.
How can I get my privacy back? and STOP the exposure?
I have kept records and this includes contacts with police and Landlord.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Can I presume that your question is basically how you can stop them making allegations?

If so, I'm afraid its bad news
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Its not just the false allegations, but the 24/7 analysis by someone who is devious and malicious.

It depends what you mean by analysis. However, if its just watching and general gossiping then, although it is incredibly childish and if they had a job and hobbies they would have better things to do, its not unlawful I'm afraid.

In relation to false allegations, you can't stop a person making false allegations. All you can is defend them when made and, in fact, the more false allegations that are made the less the evidence of the alleger can be relied upon.

Harassment would be made out if they were making contact with either directly or indirectly which can include making vexatious reports that cause authorities to make contact with you.

Is there anything else you wanted to know?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That helps a great deal but I still feel they are breaching the tenancy and my human right to privacy.

Thanks a million for helping.

Pamella

No problem.

Sadly there are very few laws restricting the vexatious alleger like these people.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

"vexatious" in the dictionary sum things up beautifully. 24/7

Thanks for the late night assistance.

Pamella

No problem.

All the best

Please remember to rate my answer