12826847

I have most of my belongings in a storage unit and I have fallen

Customer Question

I have most of my belongings in a storage unit and I have fallen into behind with my payments because of an issue with the JCP which left me without my JSA payments for 7 months. This with referred to my local MP and had been resolved to some extent. Hoever this has left me in further debt and behind eith these payments.

The storage company have said that They want £150 plus they want me to remove my belongings after this. I cannot afford to move my stuff, and I do not have the £150 to pay them.

What options do I have?

Yours sincerely

Gilllean
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is Leanne and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

The £150 are those arrears or include other feess?

Have you now had JSA resolved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The £150 is less than the amount owed which £260 for two months in arrears. The problem is I do not have the £150 plus the money to remove everything and find somewhere else to put them.

The JSA has been resolved only because I got my local MP to intervene on my behalf. The money I received was only less than £400 and I needed many other things other and had to make other payments before they started demanding the £150 last week.

So has JSA not been backdated to the full 7 months?

You accept the £150 forms part of the arrears? Anything in the agreement that says they can throw your goods out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Apparently if you keep in regular contact with them they have a more sympatheic view on people wowing them money. They know that I was haveing problems with JCP and I have been keeping regular contact with them but this is now wearing thin as I do not have any money to give them. The only reason I am not further in arreers is becuase I got a temporary job between Jan and Feb which kept me afloat for a while.

They are threatening to sent everything to auction rather than just throwing them out. I do not have acces to the unit at present

Do their terms allow them to do that?