leanne-jones
leanne-jones, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
73696840

Hi We have had a winding up petition granted by the Courts

Customer Question

Hi We have had a winding up petition granted by the Courts as we was prevnted from putting our case. We wish to file a 7.1 form to get matter resinded. We know it has to be within 5 days but does a solicitor have to do this or can we file then get solicitor to act. Thak you
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is Leanne and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

No, you can present the application and attending the Court hearing. You do not need a Solicitor. No doubt having read the rules the Court must be satisfied there was a procedural defect.

If you wish to file the application and instruct a Solicitor to attend the hearing you can do. Or you can chose to represent yourself. But you do not need a Solicitor to draft the application if it is time critical.

I hope I have answered your question and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Leanne