13262538

I signed a contract between myself, my daughter, her school

Customer Question

I signed a contract between myself, my daughter, her school and the Educational Welfare Officer. A copy of which was sent to her father by the Educational Welfare Officer. The EWO has already stated that he would not be prosecuted due to her lack of attandance (she is under CAMHS, has a diagnosis of depression that she has medication for, self harms and has several suicide attempts under her belt) as he doesn't have day to day responsibility for her (their relationship has broken down due to his lack of understanding of her issues) Yet he's still been provided a copy of our contract. I was not informed this would be the case nor asked for my consent. I understand that he's her father but can't help but think it's wrong that he has forms with my signature on without me consenting first - especially if they've decided that the issue has nothing to do with him!! He's either involved , and thus should come to the meetings etc, or he's not! Please help!!
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?

Hi Does her father have Parental Responsibility ? If so then I am afraid that the Education Authority have no choice in the matter - he is entitled to copies of all the relevant documents no matter who has signed them I appreciate that this is annoying but sadly it is the law but please ask if you need further information Claire