Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

My daughter has been bullied at school for a few years. The

Customer Question

My daughter has been bullied at school for a few years. The school has not been great at handling the situation. I saw the child in question after school, she was with another child. I asked her politely to leave my daughter alone. She has since spread rumours stating I pulled her and was aggressive. This is not true but she has made a statement at school also lying about witnesses. This is upsetting my daughter even more. Can I sue this girl or her parents for slander
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Not if she is under 16.

In any event, defamation claims are horrendously expensive and very risky and you would need to be prepared to lose between £10,000 and £20,000 at least if you lost.

I'm sorry, I appreciate that this is not the answer you wanted but there is no point in in me misleading you.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

This shows in my inbox as waiting for attention from me but I cannot see that it needs any. Can I assist further?