I pleaded guilty to a motoring offence and sent off my cheque

Customer Question

I pleaded guilty to a motoring offence and sent off my cheque and DL(photo type) plus my Form D740 (issue no 69A) and have received the following reply:

"your driving licence counterpart issue 69A is no longer valid and you photocard issue number 70 is incomplete"

I have 7 days to sort it.. I was not aware my documents were not in order. Help!!

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Do they say why it's not in order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there is no explanation;; it is an unamed scrawled - pen stroke - on a brief letter (with my cheque returned)from

Fixed penalty Office Court Audd Dept Box 399 Manchester M60 1FP

Para 1 Thank you - acknowledgement

Para2 I am unable etc etc

Para 3 Provided that payment together with your complete driving licence is received within 7 days it will be acceptef

Para 4 Driving Licences issued after 23 July 1998 comprise of a photo card and counterpart both of which must be submitted with your payment" end

I sent both documents with cheque. I was not aware counterpart DL D740 was out of date nor that my DL isuue 70 was imcomplete!!

Has your licence expired possible? Normally you have to renew every 10 years.

Its not really a disaster if it has.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No licence issued 23.08.12 to 28/10/15 Personal details correct and references are same as quoted on Form D740.(I am over 70 - DOB 29/10/36) and I know it is renewable every 3 years.

There is nothing within the info on reverse of form D740 which indicates it is a renewable document. I have examined son's document and it is the same . Phone numbers on reverse no longer in use. I have had no changes to address or personal details in over 30 years; Can fiond no reference to this form under DVLC.

Sorry for the delay. I'm doing CPd points this afternoon.

I can look at this in about 30 mins if thats ok?

I might need you to call them tomorrow but I'm not in court tomorrow so we can look at it if necessary.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Issue now sorted it would appear I have 2 counterpart licences thank you for your time
Ah! That would explain it.

No problem. I'm glad it worked out.

Let me know if I can help again.