13262538

I was in a church called the Exclusive Brethren who recently

Customer Question

I was in a church called the Exclusive Brethren who recently renamed to the Plymouth Brethren Christian Church, in a attempt to regain charitable status after the charity commission withdrew it last year. I was excommunicated 20 years ago for owning a mobile phone which was against their rules at the times. I have been denied any contact with every living relative for the last 20 years as a result of this. And now they have changed the rules and are allowed them!!!. I have suffered considerable traumatic stress as a result, and have never sent or received a christmas card from a living relative. This is because they have bizarre separation rules which deny this. Counsellor Richard Stay was on Nicky Campbell's big question recently, as something who had been denied contact with his entire family also.
I have a list as long as my arm of other things to be considered too as a result of their unchristian behaviour at which I have greatly suffered.
These include
Having to move from a semi house to a detached house which I could not afford. (their rules dictated this)
Being stitched up by Dave Abbott a brethren member the who did insurance, I took out a policy on a van fully comp, it got written off by a young peeb who worked for me and when I went to claim it came to light he had only insured it 3 rd party and I got shut up for threatening to take him to court.
Loss of earnings as I lost my job when I got kicked out for having a mobile phone.
Counselling for my wife which was required as they told her when she was 7 months pregnant out baby would be born disabled because I was always in trouble.
More about them can be found at http://cllrstay.blogspot.co.uk
I have repeatedly asked their PR firm in Australia for a answer from the church, as to what scriptural basis I was thrown out for having a mobile phone was based on and what scriptural basis that mobile phones are now allowed on. I have various email, none explaining anything, the last one saying as I am a witness against them in the Charity Commission case this September they cannot answer me. What I want is a solicitor who specialises in this and can take them on. There are hundreds of other case that have suffered horrendously as well.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What do you want to know about this? Why didnt you simply walk away from it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was born into it, as were my parents and all relatives.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

So if you didnt like what they were doing and didnt want to comply with their rules, why didnt you walk away?

What are you wanting to achieve?

I am offline now till later.

If what you are asking is whether or not you can claim compensation for having been excommunicated then I am afraid that there is no possibility as it happened too long ago
Clearly there can be no scriptural basis for what they did - nor any explanation as to why your family abided by their rules.
I am sorry that this is not the news that you wanted - but hope that you can take comfort from the knowledge that the injustice involved is now public
Claire