12826847

I am 73 yrs. old and paying maintenance to my ex Wife the sum

Customer Question

I am 73 yrs. old and paying maintenance to my ex Wife the sum of £200 per month. My Wife and I have a joint income of around £,2250 per month. This has to cover our normal living expenses along with house maintenance and suchlike. My ex Wife is 78yrs. Since our divorce I have paid in the region of £28,000. I have suffered with Parkinson's Disease for around 5 yrs. and am now beginning to suffer some of the drawbacks of the disease, and find that I will very soon require a walk in shower. My Wife takes care of me but we feel that at this stage we are reluctant to claim carers allowance. What do you consider my chances of getting the Maintenance stopped, this would help to offset the cost of any necessary extra expense to my worsening mobility.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What is the financial position of your former wife?
Claire