12826847

Hi, I have been refused continued Income Support as I now get

Customer Question

Hi, I have been refused continued Income Support as I now get 31p too much per week. I am disabled and have many health issues. By doing this, they have stopped my free prescriptions [24 per month] and travel to appointments. I now have to pay £7.02 a week council tax, so am now totally under 'what the law says i need to live on' What can i do?
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

What is your income and how is it calculated?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Leanne,

I currently get Disability Living Allowance middle & lower rate £74 pw which is not used in my Income Support Award. I also get Incapacity Benefit at £112.05 pw and a Ill health retirement pension from my ex employers at £85.17 pw.

their figures are .... what i need each week is £196.74 which includes mortgage interest of £23.48 ground rent at 67p and service charges at £10.39. I need £71.70 to live on plus £90.50 for my disabilities

Julia

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Leanne [continued]

my actual incomings are incapacity benefit £112.05 and my occupational pension which is £85.17

however, by me getting this 31 p too much i loose free prescriptions, dental and orthoptics and also help with travel costs to hospital appts. I also have to pay a £7.02 pw towards my council tax. So as you can see i will have much less than what the law says i need to live on

So non benefit income is £85.17 p/is that right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes , that is correct, the DLA is not counted in their figures as it is for me to obtain care from agencies etc

Thank you. I would suggest completing this form.

Then tell me what it says:

http://www.citizensadvice.co.uk/getadvice/benefit-calculator/A2B-Benefit-Calculator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

leanne

I just completed that form .... only to be told it is only for Northern ireland claimants, so therefore doesnt apply to me

Ah sorry, try this one:

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

leanne,

It wasn't much help, told me to apply for the benefits i am already claiming! ie, DLA and incapacity benefit.

Does it say you are entitled to income support?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no it did not

I see. I picked this up to try and help because the question was old. But now its beyond my area, so I will opt out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
leanne opted out as it was out of her ambit. please do not charge me as i am disapointed with this service. i had explained from the beginning what i needed to know. instead i was given orms to fill in not relevant to myself.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have requested a refund

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We are very sorry you did not receive a satisfactory answer. Your good faith deposit has been refunded and you should receive email confirmation of this.

I do hope you will give JustAnswer another try in the future,
Nikki