29905560

wrongully acused of being druged?

Customer Question

wrongully acused of being druged?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

I am working for a serviced apartments company as a caretaker of one of their properties. i also live in the building. I was on a day off yesterday when a pest control company came to do an inspection in all the flats including mine. I was sleeping at the time they arrived and i only woke up when they knocked on the door.

I opened the door for them still half asleep and let them in to do their job.

After 1 minute they left the apartment.

Today when i went to the office and my manager said she wants to talk to me.

She started asking me what happened yesterday because the guys from the pest control company called her and told her that i was drugged when i opened the door for them.

Because of what they told my manager she lost her trust in me and her confidence.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Still waiting for an answer

Just to let you know, its not really my area.

I've passed this onto an employment lawyer for you.
Hello my colleague has passed this on to me as it is more my area of law. How long have you worked there for? What has the employer done - have they mentioned dismissal?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Ben Jones.

They have not said anything yet. they only said they are disappointed and that they will check my behavior closely from now on. can they dismiss me based on a false accusation?

I felt humiliated when they started asking me all those things and i still feel knowing they took that thing seriously.

I told them i am willing to take a drug test.

How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Ben Jones.

For 2 years and 5 months

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Ben Jones.

Can i do something against those who told the lies to my manager?

The employer is in a difficult position here - they were not witnesses to the incident and are just relying on the evidence of a third party. It means that they cannot immediately determine who is telling the truth and will have to act on these allegations in case there is any truth behind them.

At present no formal action is being taken against you and as such you are not guilty in any way. The employer is just acting cautiously and checking to see if there is any truth behind the allegations. If over time they find out nothing to suggest that you were drugged then they should leave his matter alone and allow you to continue in your job as normal. The employer is not really at fault for deciding to investigate this further though.

As for taking action against those who made the allegations that would be difficult. This is not a criminal matter, it may be defamation but that is not likely and in any case you need thousands to sue them for that. Yu can complain to their employer but what happens next would be down to them.