12826847

Hello,I am taking a car dealer to the small claims court under

Customer Question

Hello,I am taking a car dealer to the small claims court under the sale of goods act 1979 section (14). Could i please ask you some questions
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i purchased a mercedes car on 10/4/12. for£6495 from a car dealer. After 10 weeks the auto gearbox packed up. the dealer offered no recompence under the sale of goods act 1979. This then led me to tell the dealer over the telephone that i REJECT the vehicle and to give me back my money, this has been flatly refused. I had to have the car taken to his nominated garage. i was quoted £2000 for the repair. after the garage had carried out repairs, which i might add, did not remedy the fault, i paid the bill/ £1000 just to get the car out of the garage. i then took it to mercedes to have the job done properly i am suing the car dealer for the cost of mercedes.

Are you hoping to recover the full purchase price please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes plus costs. Can i use an email from the garage to my solicitor saying
that the dealer is at fault for selling me a faulty car, My solicitor says
i cannot because its called " priveledged information"
yours xxx xxxxxx

Sorry if I'm missing the point but whats the privilege? This is an email between your solicitor and the garage and they are not his clients.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I am more than satisfied with your answer to my query. Thank you. ron XXXXX

No problem

I haven't answered yet though?

Can I still assist?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you have answered my p[roblem, and i thank you. yours ron XXXXX

No problem.

Let me know if I can help later.