Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I purchased a car through financeand arranged to pick it up

Customer Question

I purchased a car through financeand arranged to pick it up the following day, in the interim I tried to arrange insurance but was told by the insurance company that the car was neither the year nor model that it was purported to be. I contacted the dealer and found out that the car which supposedly had full dealer history had not been serviced for three years so I pulled out on the deal. I found another car and financed that thru the same finance house a few days later but subsequently found out that the original dealer has not yet repaid the funding on the first vehicle. It has been suggested that although I never took possession of the vehicle, the keys or the dvla documents I am still liable for repayment of the funding advanced to the dealer - where do I stand here?
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

May I clarify is this a loan that you took out whereby you would own the car and simply gradually repay the loan or was it a contract hire type arrangement where the car could be returned at the end of a period or bought out by you?