Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

I want to take legal action against Thomson Holiday firm in

Customer Question

I want to take legal action against Thomson Holiday firm in the small claims court. As they appear to go under several names I am not too sure who to sue. Can you help.
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Do you have your invoice from them?

JACUSTOMER-6k1jy0fc- :

Yes

Max Lowry :

And does it have a name of a Thomson company on there?

JACUSTOMER-6k1jy0fc- :

Sorry it is more of a booking confirmation than an actual invoice. The confirmation heading is Thomson.co.uk. But no address. It has been emailed from [email protected].

Max Lowry :

Okay - maybe the best thing to be honest is to call them and ask them which company they say the agreement is with as the only other way is to look on their stationary etc., which from what you say, appears limited.

Max Lowry :

But the joy of the small claims court is you don't have to worry all that much about this kind of thing, and you could just sue several of the companies that you think the contract is with, and in reality, only one individual would turn up at Court to represent all companies anyway. There are no costs sanctions ordinarily on the small claims court.

JACUSTOMER-6k1jy0fc- :

I did try to get that information from the call centre but they were very evasive and said that they could not give out that information.

Max Lowry :

Okay, then I would suggest getting a Holiday Brochure, that contains their terms and condition in, and take the company name from that.

Max Lowry :

Just looking at their website, it looks like it might be TUI UK Limited.

Max Lowry :

Have a look at this: http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/tandc/tandc.page?depDate=2009-05-01&accommInvSys=TPP&flightInvSys=TPP&lang=en

Max Lowry :

It suggests the contract is with TUI UK Limited. The describe Thomson Holidays as a trading division of that company, and that is therefore the company you would sue.

Max Lowry :

I see you rated poor service - can I ask why please, I have answered your question fully?

Max Lowry :