12826847

My friend fell out with his Solicitor/ Financial Deputy and

Customer Question

My friend fell out with his Solicitor/ Financial Deputy and asked me to help him make a Will and so we used a reputable online company. He subsequently died and after probate was granted his original Solicitor/Deputy took it on himself to write out to everone on the original Will to tell them that the will had been changed and provided them with copies of both Wills. He also wrote to all the banks involved telling them that there was the chance of a claim and because of this I cannot gather in the information. I have now received this XXXXX v XXXXX document to fill in but it appears to be geared to Solicitors. Was what the original Solicitor did legal and should I fill in the XXXXX v XXXXX?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that
case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

What is the value of the estate?