12826847

I have been caught speeding, 41 mph in a 30 mph zone at Lower

Customer Question

I have been caught speeding, 41 mph in a 30 mph zone at Lower Mortlake Road TW9. What consequences do I have to expect?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Do you have any other points?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What other information?

I just need to know whether you have any other points. It would change the outcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do unfortunately. 3 points from 7/1/09 for SP30, fixed penalty. I think it was also speeding in a 30mph zone..

Don't worry. Thats not too bad actually.

I just need 10 mins to type out an answer.

Thanks for the information.

Also, sorry for the delay. iPads are so slow!

If you were doing 41 mph in a 30 mph zone then the sentencing guidelines do say that you are facing 4-6 points or a disqualification of between 7-56 days and a fine.

However, since this is right at the bottom of the sentencing bracket I would be amazed if they do not let you have a fixed penalty fine. This is literally just 1 mph over the suitable bracket.

If they do summons you then you will face 4 points and a fine. There will also be a costs order. They are not going to give you more than that as you are at the bottom of the bracket.

Since you only have 3 other points you are not at risk of totting so there is no need to panic.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for that. Do you know if and when points expire? And how many can I have before I get into trouble?

For the purposes of the road traffic act they are live for 3 years.

If you get 12 or more points in the last three years then you will be liable to disqualification
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So my 3 points from 2009 are not on my records anymore?

If they were from jan 2009 then they would no longer be active for these purposes.