Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

1) Where can I get the law books governing the

Customer Question

1) Where can I get the law books governing the law on Pension Credits ?. 2) Where can I find legal information on pension credits payments which have to continue while the claimant has to remian in a warm/hot weather country because her health condition requires her to live in such country and also her GP in the UK has told her to live in warm/hot weather country. ?. (in normal case the payments won't continue if the claimant is out of UK for more than 8 weeks). This claimant is 82 years old suffers Rheumatoid Artheritis. ALSO,PLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE RELEVANT SECTION OF THE LAW APPLICABEL TO THE PENSION CREDITS RS XXXXX

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
you are unlikely to find any law books on the subject. Benefits etc are covered by regulations that change frequently. Pension credit is a benefit and you have to be resident in the UK to qualify regardless of the circumstances. If the claimant lives elsewhere then she is eligible to claim benefits there .

oh and the rules are in the State Pension credit act 2002 and the regulations made under it see here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/1792/contents/made

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated. If you still need help with your question, please feel free reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After having had received your above response to my very FIRST question I have already submitted another question. I think this has been submitted on 28 or 29 June. It is regarding the benefit having been received believing it having been received legallly, bonafidely and in own right and with this in mind it having had been spent out by the recipient. The question is what is the situation of the recipient if the payer claims the money having had been paid wrongfully and therefore the payer would want to claw it back as an overpayment. My opinion is that the payer is not entitled to claw it back. YOU HAVE ALREADY COLLECTED THE FEES FOR THIS SECOND QUEWTION. PLEASE REPLY NOW; IT IS MUCH OVERDUE. RS XXXXX 2 JULY 2013

I saw your additional question but I had not responded to it because as Nicola explained if you do not give my answers a favourable rating I get nothing for my time. The experts are wholly independent of the site and whilst you may have paid a deposit I am not paid unless I get a favourable rating. As you had not rated my original answer I was , as you can understand, not minded to take time to answer another one. Also to be honest you attribute relatively low values to your questions so it does not encourage experts to answer I am afraid.