Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

could you please tell me if there is a time limit for execortor

Customer Question

could you please tell me if there is a time limit for execortor of a will to complete the inheritance not a large ammount of estate
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. In law an executor is allowed a grace period known as the "executor's year" within which an executor is allowed to gather in the assets of a deceased person's estate and distribute those assets to the beneficiaries. Once a year has elapsed, then an application can be brought successfully to have the executor removed. Here your partner's younger sister will have a one year period within which to complete the administration of the estate and ensure that the beneficiaries receive their inheritance from her aunt's will.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid