12826847

My daughter is a foster carer& currently has a child who is

Customer Question

My daughter is a foster carer& currently has a child who is up to be adopted. She had expressed a wish to adopt him herself at a time when she only had him for respite care & was told "we can't have that - we need to keep you as a foster carer!" He was then moved to her fulltime in May; this was supposedly for at least a 3 month period. 3 days after she took him fulltime she was told he had been seen by prospective adopters at a "hard to place" panel (he's not hard, but was supposedly so before she had him). She had again already expressed a wish to adopt him herself, but that aside she feels that the present prospect is not in the child's best interest & social workers are now hiding together behind "protocol", which they seem to have previously let go by the board. Is there any avenue she can take to appeal things that would not be detrimental to the child? - her big fear is that he would be moved AGAIN while things are reviewed & this obviously would not be in his interest. So she is in a Catch 22 situation. Please can you advise. Thank you for your attention. Denise XXXXXXX PS - I am currently in Ireland, but my daughter lives in the UK.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
What is her concern about the current proposals?
Claire

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.