Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

Hi - quite an unusal case I think, the HMRC made me bankrupt,

Customer Question

Hi - quite an unusal case I think, the HMRC made me bankrupt, by mistake, and then it was annulled in full, but I was in a high profile position, and someone who I sacked for genuine reasons, has set about internet damage on myself, all about me being bankrupt, when I was not bankrupt and it was annulled. This person is a nasty piece f wrk who is up in court anyway on something unrelated, and I am in business with my family and need to know how and what I can do!
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

Remarks like this, with half-truths, could very well be defamatory. An imputation that somebody is insolvent is defamatory when this is not true.

Max Lowry :

The effect of the annulment is to make it like the bankruptcy order was never made - this is very different to a discharge from bankruptcy (which recognises that that bankruptcy took effect).