13262538

my father is dying of a brain tumour any day now. I don t have

Customer Question

my father is dying of a brain tumour any day now. I don t have time to apply for power of attourney . I can t afford to pay for his funereal but know that my father has enough money in his bank to cover costs.Can a solicitor advise what I can do
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Do you need to deal with any financial issues at the moment - and has your father made a Will?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As far as we know there is no wii and no financial issues, by we I am talking about my two older brothers.He has three grown children and no wife, they are divorced.What I need to know is if there is an authority that can release money to pay for his funeral if not do Ihave to apply to the court for a certificate to be made administrator of his estate such as it is.Also I have been charged twice for this information £47 and a further £33 I would appreciate one of them being reimbursed. thankyou.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have waited all day and haven,t received an answer yet and i've been charged twice for the same question. Not happy at all.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Sharon,

It looks like you posted a follow-up question as a new question, which attracted another charge. I have now closed that question and refunded the charge. I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I am sorry you have waited so long - I will contact the Expert and ask her to follow-up with you as quickly as possibly.

My apologies for the delay.
Please do not worry - provided there are sufficient funds in the bank then the bank will release a cheque for the Funeral Directors invoice when it is presented to them
Once your father has passed away simply take a copy of the Death Certificate to the bank and the bank will explain the necessary steps to you.
There is only a need to obtain Letters Of Administration if there is a property involved or the amount involved is more than £10,000 (some banks have a higher limit)
I hope that this is of assistance, please ask if you need further details
Claire