12826847

I have 3 children 1 who is now disabled through an accident

Customer Question

I have 3 children 1 who is now disabled through an accident at school. Our youngest son goes to a different school than the other 2. I was called in for a meeting at my youngest school for him and I was faced with 6 people starting back at me, 1 being social services. For a meeting ref our youngest son we now have social services regarding our disabled daughter.

We have never asked for help as we can cope with this as a family yet the head of our youngest sons school insists that we can't cope. What can we do to stop this and to stop social services who are saying that even though our daughter is in a wheelchair and under the care of a great team at the Nuffeild Hospital in Oxford plus she has a blue badge and receives DLA and Mobility at the highest rate she is NOT DISABLED and it is ALL IN HER HEAD

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How old are the children and what problems do the school say they have noticed?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Our eldest is 12 our daughter is 11 and our youngest is 9.

Our youngest sons school called me in to discuss some problems that he was having. He is convinced that he was whitness to the abuse my ex husband gave to me, he wasn't even born when I left I didn't even know I was pregnant. He is a very calm quiet little boy who will take things to heart.
I am sorry - who is convinced that he witnessed this violence?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My youngest son.

This is more to do with why social services are involved with my daughter when the meeting has nothing to do with my youngest sons school
Sorry I thought the school called the meeting about your youngest son and had invited Social Services to attend is that not correct?
What was it about your son that they were actually concerned about?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The school did call the meeting in regards to my son worrying about moving up to middle school in September and the fact that he mentioned to the school what my ex husband did to me. As I said he wasn't even born then.

Social services aren't really bothering with what my son said they are more focused on my disabled daughter who hasn't been at that school in two years.
Unfortunately once Social Services are involved with a Family they are expected to look at all the children.
What was the outcome of the meeting - what did they say that they would do?
Claire