31090051

My mum died at home alone unfortunately. Her body was discovered

Customer Question

My mum died at home alone unfortunately. Her body was discovered in January 2009. I was told hat it was necessary for a postmortem and I accepted that as I don't live in the UK. Time went on and I finally called them inMarch 2009 and that same day I was told they had just received the pathologist's results. strange but I accepted it but I have since been informed that it was extremely negligent time wise. Would you be able to enlighten me upj. This as it does bother me?
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

That time period is acceptable provided that the actual examination was done within a few days of discovery and that the body was released for funeral within reasonable time.

The actual report could take time as toxicology results can take weeks to finalise and these are normally appended to the examination report.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if I can assist you further. Otherwise I would be grateful if you would leave positive feedback on the system so that I am credited for my time.