12826847

what is the legal definition of parking. does the car have

Customer Question

what is the legal definition of parking. does the car have to be left unoccupied? i recently unknowingly received a parking fine by sitting in my car in an empty car park?

kind regards

roy hyde

Remus2004 :

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.Who issued the fine?

JACUSTOMER-9go3w6yl- :

Parking eye (car park management)

Remus2004 : We're you stationary?
JACUSTOMER-9go3w6yl- :

i parked the car stopped the engine and sat reading in the car. i never left the car. the car park was empty it was early morning. had it filled up i would have left or bought a ticket. i was awaiting a phone call to collect someone. no ticket was issued and i was not approached i received a photograph weeks later of my entering and leaving the car park

Remus2004 : That is parking I'm afraid. Parking has been considered by then higher courts and it doesn't mean actually abandoning the car. It just means causing it to come to rest at any one ,location.
Remus2004 : however if this is parking eye then its a private land fine so you can always ask them to prove the sum of their loss and the adequacy of signs.
Remus2004 : the reason they didn't issue a fine to the car will be that it was done by CCTV
JACUSTOMER-9go3w6yl- :

thanks

Remus2004 : No problem. All the best