12826847

company are claiming I owe them money, which I have disputed

Customer Question

company are claiming I owe them money, which I have disputed as they have failed to provide any documents relating to the alleged debt. they began an action in small claims court but have still not shown any proof or responded to my defence and so the order has been stayed. one of the queries I raised was with regards XXXXX XXXXX entitlement to record an entry on my credit file, and to charge interest on the alleged debt - 4 months ago the amount was X, 3 months ago it was £0, at the end of last month it was X plus £ 1000! obviously should they prove that the money is owed to them I have no issue paying, but is it lawful to continue adding interest and charges while the matter is in dispute
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What is the debt for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont know, I have no previous dealings with the company and they have ignored all previous attempts to get information from them

I'm afraid my signal keeps dropping out and I would ask that you bear with me for an hour. I should then should be then be home and have a stable connection. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thats ok

Thanks for the time.

I see you haven't yet rated several previous answers so I would be grateful if you could do that now.

Also, is it likely that this could be a debt collection company chasing in a debt that you do recognise?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its possible but as I said, they have not provided any documents relating to the debt so I have no way of knowing that they bave a rightful claim. regardless, the credit reporting shows the balance not changing for a year then all of a sudden it goes up by £1000 despite the account being in dispute

I will opt out for you as I cannot do better than my colleagues have done.

The question is visible to others now.

All the best.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you cannot do better than your colleagues have done?? youre the only one who answered...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.