Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Hi there, i am contracting for a 3rd party and have sell on

Customer Question

Hi there, i am contracting for a 3rd party and have sell on fee percentages written into the contract. These are now being challenged and reduced, what rights do i have?

The 3rd Party placed me at the client but now there is more work they are cutting me out of the conversation moving forward.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

What is the nature of the contract you were instructed to negotiate in behalf of your principal?

Was your fee a commission?

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there, yes it is a commission payment (Money as a percentage of future sales) based on sell on work.

I have not received the commission as the 3rd party is trying to amend the contract.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Potentially you are a commercial agent.

As a commercial agent under the Commerical Agents Regulations 1993 article 17 you would have a right to compensation on termination of the arrangement.

Do you have anything in writing from the third party?

AJ