13262538

my landlady is seeking to be registered as owner of the property

Customer Question

my landlady is seeking to be registered as owner of the property that i have rented from her for twenty one years.the land registry have served me with notice as occupier of the property;if i have any objections .i have to apply in writing .there is no registered owner as it was a direlect building .can i apply to register as owner .as i thought she always was
?
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
If you have in fact paid rent throughout this period then I am afraid that you are not in a position to claim ownership as you have not treated the property as your own during this period which is what the requirement is
I hope that this is of assistance
Claire