12826847

help Bailiff

Customer Question

I have 2 business I owe business rates from my one business and the bailiff is coming. can I do a letter putting all goods into my  other business name thats not run from the same address. I am also having the same thing happening at my home address can I do the same put it all in the business name that's a sole trader business thanks for your help

HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What is the debt over please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jom01972

Hi Jo sorry forgot to tell you that it for business rates

Thanks for the information.

Those are bailiffs with the most powers and you must be aware of that. Bailiffs collecting crowns debt are not easily repulsed.

You can transfer the goods in the way you describe. The risk you face is that the bailiffs will not accept that the transfer is genuine and will seize them anyway. To be wholly honest, I'm afraid a court may accept that since the transfer is immediately before the bailiff attendance and the companies are both owned by you.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jomo1972

We have not had a letter from the bailiffs we only know the bailiffs are getting sent the file over to them and that the council said we have to call them and make a payment plan but from what people have told me I stand more chance of winning the lottery. the council are sending us a hard ship form out as we are struggling to pay the rent on our shop its coming out of our own money. forgot to say we have gone ltd 2 weeks ago

The fact that you've recently been limited isnt the end of the world.

The point is though that you are planning a transfer from a liable company to a non liable one for no other reason really than that the bailiffs are due to attend.

They may not accept that as genuine I'm afraid.