12826847

Hi nhbc supplied contractor to re render and rough cast the

Customer Question

Hi nhbc supplied contractor to re render and rough cast the rear and front of my property The total area of rear was repaired therefore no colour difference however the front of my property was a patch up job.A repair was made to the front of my property that was not on the original work schedule agreed by myself and nhbc.This repair has led to a large square patch in the centre of my wall.The patch is of a different colour to rest of the roughcast and can be seen from many yards.In there letter Nhbc have accepted liability and stated the full re rendering of the front of the house should be repaired to obtain continuety of colour.Some days later i then received a further letter stating they could not the repair because our nhbc insurance would not cover the cost,however they would repair a section of the wall to hide the patch or give me cash to the amount of £2700 to repair myself..I refused this offer on the basis that this would leave discolouring on a larger scale and as they had already agreed to repair the entire front of my property this would run into many £1000sLast conversation with nhbc it was intimated for myself to get outside quotations however this would still not guarantee nhbc footing the bill.Where do I stand on this issue and shoudnt nhbc accept liability and therefore get there own quotes for the work to be done.Can I sue the contractor for there mistake as my house has been defaced and devalued due to there mistake.
Regards XXXXX
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me why NHBC say that their insurance doesn't cover this? Particularly when the rear was done in its entirety.